Conor McGregor's First Social Media Post Since UFC 223 Incident

Posted April 10, 2018

What McGregor wanted, McGregor got - in cash, championships, and living his best luxe life.

UFC superstar Conor McGregor is in custody in NY following a van-smashing rampage at a press event.

He even went on record that they were trying to work out a new deal that would've seen McGregor return to the Octagon later this year.

Newly released video showed conor-mcgregor shattering A-BUS pub - and also at least a fighter in disbelief - amid the stunning brawl at New York City on Thursday that landed the notorious UFC celebrity under arrest.

Quiet and humbled, McGregor couldn't talk his way out of trouble in a NY courtroom.

UFC star Conor McGregor has been released on $US50,000 ($A65,000) bail until June 14 after appearing in a NY court charged with assault. White said the incident was not a stunt meant to generate publicity for UFC, which has lost a number of star fighters in recent months to boxing (McGregor fought Floyd Mayweather Jr.in a lucrative bout last year), pro wrestling (Ronda Rousey) and a combination of wrestling and failed doping tests (Brock Lesnar).

McGregor and co-defendant Cian Cowley are due back in court June 14.

He was charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief, New York Police Department (NYPD) said.

Khabib Nurmagomedov will face Al Iaquinta on Saturday in the main event of UFC 223 for the undisputed lightweight title, which McGregor held. He cannot leave the State of NY with this warrant.

If former UFC champion McGregor is looking for help from the organisation, he is out of luck, UFC president Dana White said on Friday.

"It was probably the worst conversation we ever had", White told FS1's "First Things First" on Friday morning.

"Just their show. We don't have that much money, buddy", White said.

"It's not that I don't think he understood what happened. He justified it. It was justified to him".

Security arrived early to the Barclays Center before the fight.

This was when all heck broke loose as McGregor started throwing trash cans, chairs, barricades and other items at the buses. "But not in this situation", White said, per ESPN.

Lobov was yanked from the card and banned from the building. McGregor hasn't fought for UFC in 18 months.

McGregor still hasn't talked publicly about the incident, but he ended his social media silence briefly on Monday morning, Instagramming a photo of himself in NY with only a praying-hands emoji for comment. McGregor's actions now put any future fights in doubt. He could have had his pick of rich fights. As the match was ending, but not before it was officially over, McGregor jumped into the cage to congratulate his fellow Straight Blast Gym teammate, despite not being one of Ward's designated corner men. It all seemed possible - and it now seems a long way off. Now UFC has champion, and this champion wants to defend his title.

And his actions mean he may never fight in NY again.

The UFC released a clearer version of what transpired during the attack in the latest episode of their "UFC Embedded" series which airs on YouTube.

He was ordered to away from five people injured in the attack.