"The US are actually covering the Isis combat units to recover their combat capabilities, redeploy, and use them to promote the American interests in the Middle East", the statement concluded. According to PCGamesN, the screenshot is from a gameplay footage video for a game called AC-130 Gunship Simulator which was uploaded to YouTube by its developer.
The US Embassy in Moscow said in a statement posted on Twitter that "the US is not going to spend time on the nonsensical claims by the Russian ministry of defense accusing us of complicity with ISIS, using images from video games and old photos of military operations in another country".
The posts included several aerial images supposedly backing Russia's claim, including one labeled: "ISIS automobile convoy leaves Abu Kamal for Syrian-Iraqi border (November 9th, 2017)".
The photographs were appended to social media posts from the ministry's official accounts posted on Tuesday morning, which accused the Americans of providing air cover for an Isis convoy with the aim of using Isis fighters to further United States interests.
The ministry also said that the US coalition categorically refused to strike the retreating terrorists in spite of repeated proposals by the Russian military to conduct joint actions.
Another one is a consistent with a slightly edited screengrab from a 2015 promotional video for a gunship simulator video game. Earlier this year, Russian President Vladimir Putin showed American filmmaker Oliver Stone video on his cell phone he claimed was recent video footage of Russian troops fighting the Islamic State.
"The defense ministry is looking into a civilian employee of one of the departments who attached photos to the defense ministry's statement by mistake", a new statement was quoted by Russian agencies as saying.