Federal Bureau of Investigation finds second Uzbek sought over Manhattan terror attack

Posted November 03, 2017

On Wednesday, federal prosecutors in NY filed terrorism charges against an Uzbek immigrant in the deadly truck attack on a NY bike path.

About an hour after it was released, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and NYPD located Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, an Uzbek national.

Law enforcement officials said Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, a 32-year-old from Uzbekistan, was no longer a person of interest following Tuesday's deadly attack in Manhattan.

"Earlier as we came in this evening, we were seeking information about an individual", Sweeney said. US President Donald Trump has proposed sending him to Guantanano. Saipov didn't have many friends, said the official, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The second man was identified as Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, also know as Muhammad.

Earlier in the day, a US government source told Reuters that Saipov had been in contact with another individual individual who is now under investigation by the FBI for suspected terrorism-related activities. The person said that the group encouraged Kadirov, who lives in New Jersey, to cooperate with authorities, and that the man has done so.

Federal prosecutors filed terrorism charges Wednesday against Saipov.

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, was charged after the attack Tuesday afternoon near the World Trade Center killed eight people and wounded a dozen others. An Uzbek immigrant accused of a deadly truck attack on a NY bike path has been charged with providing material support to a terrorist group and violence and destruction of motor vehicles.