ISIS claims responsibility for mass shooting in Las Vegas

Posted October 06, 2017

Eventually, renowned news organizations shared breaking news that ISIS claimed the responsibility for the inhuman Las Vegas shooting. "For terrorist groups, being in the news is one of the validations that they have an impact", he said.

Paddock killed 59 people and wounded hundreds more at a country music festival near his hotel.

"As this event unfolds, we have determined, to this point, no connection with an global terrorist group", said Special Agent Aaron Rouse, the top administrator of the Las Vegas FBI division, during an October 2 press conference. The group later released Spanish language versions of these statements.

Police stormed his 32nd floor hotel room and found that he had killed himself after committing the deadliest mass shooting in modern USA history.

Abu Baker al-Maqdisi, a senior jihadist associated with the terrorist organization, told Breitbart Jerusalem that mass murderer Stephen Paddock was recruited by ISIS when he converted to Islam several months ago.

"This saves the Islamic State the trouble of having to "retract" a claim, since from the standpoint of communicating to the external world, no formal claim was made if the only material ever issued was an Amaq News report relying on a mere 'source, '" Al-Tamimi wrote.

Authorities have not commented on his religious background or said what might have motivated the attack.

More than 50 people have been confirmed dead and 200 injured in the shooting, making it the deadliest in United States history.

The extremist organisation has suffered a string of major setbacks in Iraq and Syria, where it has lost much of the territory it once claimed as part of a self-styled Islamic caliphate.

It came after the group claimed responsibility for a stabbing attack that left two young women dead in the French city of Marseille earlier on Sunday.

"More likely, ISIS's supporters will believe what the group says and not what is proven beyond a doubt by the Western media", Clarke added.

U.S. President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, U.S. Vice President Mike Pence and his wife, Karen, participate in a moment of silence on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, DC, October 2, 2017, for the victims of the shooting yesterday in Las Vegas, Nevada.