United Kingdom irritated by USA leaks in Manchester attack

Posted May 26, 2017

Early yesterday, police said they conducted a controlled explosion in the south of Manchester, where they were carrying out searches in the Moss Side area connected to the attack.

The father of both young men, Ramadan Abedi, 51, was detained on Wednesday shortly after telling The Associated Press in a phone interview from Tripoli that his son Salman, who British officials said died in the Manchester attack, was innocent and had been planning a religious pilgrimage to Mecca.

Britain raised its threat level from terrorism to "critical" late Tuesday amid concerns that Abedi may have accomplices who are planning another attack. Here, a police officer stands on duty outside a residential property in Fallowfield, in Southern Manchester, on Wednesday as investigations continue into the bombing at the Manchester Arena.

When asked whether the leaks had "compromised" the investigation, she said she "wouldn't go that far" but added: "I can say that they are perfectly clear about the situation and that it shouldn't happen again".

The number of injured take into account the walking wounded who checked into hospitals a few hours after the attack at a concert by U.S. actress-singer Ariana Grande on Monday night. Four men in total have been arrested in connection with the attack. Other victims who've been identified range from teenagers to a Polish couple, Angelika and Marcin Klis, who came to the venue to pick up their daughters.

Authorities say 22 people died and almost 120 were wounded in the bombing of the arena where American pop star Ariana Grande was performing. "You might also see military personnel deployed at certain events, such as concerts and sports matches".

According to Rudd, up to 3,800 troops will be deployed on the streets around Britain as part of Operation Temperer after British Prime Minister Theresa May ordered to raise the country's terror threat level to "critical".

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said Abedi was believed to have travelled to Syria and had "proven" links to the Islamic State group, which claimed responsibility for the attack. In respect of the family's wishes I will make no further comment at this stage, ' Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said. The government said almost 1 000 soldiers were deployed on Wednesday instead of police in high-profile sites in London and other locations.

Greater Manchester Police has asked people to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to the Anti-Terrorist Helpline. "All our work is created to make our city as hostile an environment as possible for terrorists to plan and operate". Armed police also patrolled outside St. Paul's Cathedral in London, another popular tourist spot. "The approach is based on extensive research into the psychology of criminals and what undermines their activities".