Trump 'crossed the line' at charity dinner, Al Smith says

Posted October 24, 2016

Almost half of Republicans will have doubts about the outcome of the election if their candidate doesn't win, according to a new poll - another sign that Donald Trump's cries of widespread voter fraud and rigged systems could seriously undermine a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Trump vowed to keep the nation "in suspense" about whether he would accept the November 8 election results during Wednesday's debate, after weeks of railing against what he considers a corrupt media, a rigged election system and faulty polls.

Donald's above video gained more than 100,000 views - but as the video's description reveals, Trump seemed to tank after taking a few low blows at Hillary.

"But, Your Eminence, you deserve great credit for bringing together two people who've been at each other's throats - mortal enemies, bitter foes; I've got to ask, how did you get the governor and mayor here together tonight?" "Because this system is totally rigged". That compared with 44 percent for Clinton and 37 percent for Trump in the October 7-13 poll released last week.

On Sunday, President Barack Obama will take part in a pro-Clinton rally in Nevada, another battleground state that could sway the final results of the hotly-contested election.

He called the women "liars" and said that the allegations were orchestrated by Democrats during a speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

"I can't think of a bolder way for Donald Trump to lose even more standing than he already has by engaging the first lady", Eric Schultz, deputy White House press secretary, told reporters last week.

"I took a break from my rigorous nap schedule to be here", she said, adding, "Usually, I charge a lot for speeches like this".

Eric Trump stressed to Stephanopoulos that his father will not be deterred by attacks against him personally, or his campaign.

The Reuters/Ipsos survey found 63 percent of Americans, including a third of Republicans, believe the NY real estate mogul has committed sexual assault in the past. Their answers were generally the same: Whatever Trump did with women in the past is less important to them than what he may do as president. But Mr. Trump, she said, "looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a 4" - a jab at his comments rating the physical appearance of women.

"I can't wish my opponent luck", John McCain said in 2008, turning toward Obama, "but I do wish him well". (Followed by booing from the crowd.) "How corrupt do you have to be to get kicked off the Watergate Commission?" Using the platform as a thinly veiled political tool is not what the night is supposed to be about, yet that's exactly what both candidates did. Clinton, 68, campaigned in OH, while Trump, 70, was in North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

But she did engage in some "zingers" including one that played off Trump's most recent, and most serious, misstep.

Trump has been coy about whether he will accept the results of the election should Clinton beat him.

Clinton has an 86 percent chance of winning the election, while Trump only has a 14 percent chance, according to a Saturday election forecast by FiveThirtyEight, a website that focuses on opinion poll analysis. 'But Ohio is really a symbol of the progress that we've made since the first debate'. I keep hearing that.

"Now, make no mistake, by doing that, he is threatening our democracy".

"The peaceful transition of power is one of the things that sets us apart".

Trump has offered no widely accepted evidence to back up his claims of vote-rigging.

"And whoever wins this election, the outcome will be historic".

'I have spent four and a half hours on stage with Donald, proving once again, I have the stamina to be president, ' she said, recycling a joke she delivered a night before at a dinner she and Trump both attended.